The history of Aletheia University can be tracked back to the day when Rev. Dr. George Leslie Mackay, a preacher of the Presbyterian Church in Canada, landed in Tamshui on March 9, 1872 for the purposes of evangelism, and medical work. A hilltop of Paotaipu (the current location of the university) was chosen for the site of the school, and its construction work was planned and monitored by Rev. Dr. Mackay in person. It was the first Western school in the educational history of Taiwan and was regarded as the pioneer of general education.
The College was approved by the Ministry of Education to be renames Aletheia University (Aletheia means “truth” in Greek ) on August 1st, 1999. There now are 5 colleges including Humanities, Information Sciences and Business Intelligence, Finance and Economics, Management, and Tourism, Leisure, and Sports along with 8 Master’s Programs provided by the following department; Department of Religious Culture and Organization Management, Master’s Program in Finance and Economies at the Department of Economics, Master of Business Management/ In-Service Master’s Program, Master’s Program of Information Application, Department of Computer Science and Information Engineering, Department of Financial and Actuarial Science, Department of Leisure and Recreation Studies, and Department of Tourism; as well as one In-Service Master’s Program, 22 Departments, 9 Vocational Bachelor Programs, and 4 Bachelor Programs.
Please make sure that you are eligible to apply as an international student and read the instructions carefully.
The prospective applicant could refer to the link below “MOE Regulations Regarding International Students Undertaking Studies in Taiwan”.
* Applications that do not meet any of the above-mentioned criteria will not be processed.
1. Application Checklist.
2. Two completed application forms with a recent photo (about 3.5cm x 4.5cm in size) attached to each.
4. Verification of Nationality (a photocopy of your passport) If applicable, AU may ask the applicant to provide a photocopy of the “Forfeited Nationality Permitted Certificate “issued by Ministry of Interior, “Certificate of Entry and Exit Dates “issued by National Immigration Agency, Signed Non-Household Registration Declaration or other official certificates.
5. One photocopy of the diploma of the highest academic degree (one notarized copy of the translation in English or Chinese is necessary if the original diploma is not in English or Chinese.) Applicants with bachelor’s degree or above obtained from the schools in Mainland China which are specifically recognized by MOE are also required to submit the certificate of degree conferral. Current graduates are required to submit an official certificate of expected graduation (English or Chinese) issued by the school in lieu of the diploma at the time of graduation.
6. One original transcript of the highest education (one notarized copy of the translation in English or Chinese is necessary if the original transcript is not in English or Chinese.)
7. Autobiography in Chinese or in English
8. Plan of Study in Chinese or in English
9. Proof of Chinese Language Proficiency
10. Financial affidavit shows financial sustainability for study in Taiwan. A financial statement issued within recent 3 months from a financial institution with deposits exceeding US$3,000 or equivalent.
|Intake||Application Deadlines||Course Begins||Announcement|
|Fall Semester||Jul 01 - Jul 12||September||Jul 20,2021|
(1) Submitting the Application by E-Mail Please e-mail the scanned file of your application before the deadline to firstname.lastname@example.org
(2) Submitting the Application by Mail Please mail your application before the deadline to the following address: Center for International Affairs, Aletheia University.
No. 32, Chen Li St., Tamsui District, New Taipei City, Taiwan 25103
(3) Submitting the Application in Person You may submit your application in person directly to the CIA, Aletheia University on the 4th floor of the Administration Building on campus prior before the deadline. Applications submitted in person are accepted Monday through Friday (except holidays), 8:00 am-12:00 pm and 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm. The applications not submitted during the prescribed hours or the late applications will not be processed.
* Once CIA receives the application packets, the confirmation e-mail will be sent within 7 working days to the applicants. The application process is then complete. If no confirmation e-mail is received, please contact CIA.
*Applicants with incomplete documentation must assume full responsibility for a rejected application. *If the examinations cannot be held on the scheduled date, in case of an adverse situation, the date will be notified.