Chihlee University of Technology was established as Chihlee College of Business in 1965. The school name and motto were adopted in accordance to the teachings of ancient Chinese philosophers and sages: integrity, trust, professionalism and diligence. Chihlee started off with four academic departments: International Trade, Business Administration, Accounting and Statistics, and Banking and Insurance.
The Department of Secretarial Science was added in 1967. In August of 2015, Chihlee Institute of Technology was renamed Chihlee University of Technology, offering Bachelor degrees and still keeping Junior College Division. To date, the school has over 10,000 students and its graduates exceed 50,000. Chihlee has been through stages of establishment, development, and transformation under the leadership of Chairman Shen-Shue Liang, current President, Dr. Ju-Long Chen, and the efforts of faculty, staff and students.
Chihlee University of Technology has received high recognition from ratings and evaluations conducted by the Ministry of Education (MOE); In 2009-2014, Chihlee also received a grant of US$6,330,000 from MOE to execute the “Plan to Encourage Teaching Excellence in Universities”. Chihlee has grown to be one of the most prestigious educational institutions in Taiwan.
Please make sure that you are eligible to apply as an international student and read the instructions carefully.
The prospective applicant could refer to the link below “MOE Regulations Regarding International Students Undertaking Studies in Taiwan”.
* Applications that do not meet any of the above-mentioned criteria will not be processed.
1. Two copies of the completed application form(P.8) with 2 recent (6 months) passport-style photographs※Must be attached
2. One photocopy of the applicant’s highest education diploma and one original official transcript of the highest education diploma notarized and stamped by the foreign representative office of the R.O.C. (if written in a language other than Chinese and English, these should be translated into Chinese or English and notarized.)
※Must be attached
(1) Academic credentials from Mainland China: The Regulations Governing the Accreditation of Schools in Mainland China shall apply.
(2) Academic credentials from Hong Kong or Macao: Academic Credential Verification and Accreditation Methods adopted in Hong Kong and Macao shall apply.
(3) Academic credentials from other areas:
(A) Academic credentials earned at overseas Taiwan schools or Taiwan schools in Mainland China shall be regarded as the same as those at domestic schools with equivalent levels.
(B) Academic credentials referred to the preceding 2 Items shall be subject to the Regulations Regarding the Assessment and Recognition of Foreign Academic Credentials for Institutions of Higher Education. However, academic credentials earned from universities or branches established in Mainland China by foreign schools shall require public notarization in Mainland China and be verified and examined by a university established or appointed by, or through a private agency commissioned by the Executive Yuan.
3. Financial proof that shows financial sustainability for study in Taiwan, or proof of full scholarship provided by a government agency, university, college, or private organization. P.11※Must be attached
4. A brief autobiography and study plan in Chinese or English. P.12※Must be attached.
5. Declaration. P.13※ Must be attached.
6. Health certificate of the recent 3 months (including related HIV tests) P.14※Must be attached.
7. Photocopy of passport (including pages confirming name and nationality).※Must be attached.
8. Certificate of Chinese language proficiency. 4-Year Bachelor Degree Program, 2-Year Bachelor Degree Program, 5-Year Associate Bachelor Degree Program requires Test of Chinese as a Foreign Language 【TOCFL】Level 3 (B1); Master Degree Program requires Test of Chinese as a Foreign Language 【TOCFL】Level 4 (B2) ※Must be attached 9. Letters of recommendation in Chinese and English. ※Optional
|Intake||Application Deadlines||Course Begins||Announcement|
|Fall Semester||- May 31||September||Jun 30,2021|
|Spring Semester||- Dec 15||February||44581|
(1) Determine eligibility and program - See handbook for available program.
- See website for program details and related information. Website: http://www.chihlee.edu.tw
(2) Complete Application form See forms in handbook.
(3) Send Application form Send by post:
International Cooperation Center, Chihlee University of Technology,
No.313, Section 1, Wunhua Road, Banqiao District, New Taipei City 22050, Taiwan R.O.C.
- Applicant will be notified by email upon receiving application.
- Except special circumstances, application with incomplete materials will not be processed.
- The International Cooperation Center will first determine the eligibility of application, then various departments will carry out preliminary review, and finally, the foreign student admission committee decides the final admission list.
(5) Notification Notification by: 1.Website: www.chihlee.edu.tw 2.Email 3.Written notice