Established in 1958, Fooyin is the first private medical and nursing vocational school in Taiwan. It was later changed to a university of science and technology in 2002, the first private university of science and technology with the school of nursing. Fooyin is committed to profession, care, vision and temperament, and aims to cultivate health technology professionals. Facts of Fooyin: Outstanding Education Provider. With excellent faculties and high standard teaching, Fooyin has passed the 2015 review in relation to school affairs and profession among all the universities of science and technology.
We also have won Special Achievement-based Project provided by the Ministry of Education, and Vocational Education Project, Practical Curriculum Development Project, Excellent Teaching Project and Career Preparation Project subsidized by the Ministry of Labor, where the total subsidy amounts to more than NTD100 million. We focus on providing practical training and industry experience, and our graduates have won good reputations.
The annual enrolment and employment rate among graduates is higher than 90%. The average salary of the graduate’s first job exceeds NT$34,000, far better than the average salary of college graduates nationwide. Special Advantage at Health Care.
Fooyin is the only one with a teaching hospital among all science and technology universities. With an enduring focus on technology development, we were ranked ninth (9th) in total and first (1st) for medical and nursing amongst Taiwanese universities of science and technology according to 2015 Webometrics Rankings of World Universities.
I. Identity( transfer students are included) International students who held one of the following identities can be applied for admission.
1. An applicant of foreign nationality, who has never held the nationality status from the Republic of China (R.O.C.), and who does not possess overseas Chinese student status at the time of their application.
※ An applicant who held one of the following conditions are considered as the nationality of the Republic of China:
1、His/Her father or mother was a national of the Republic of China at the time of he/she was born.
2、He/She was born after the death of his/her father or mother, who was a national of the Republic of China at the time of death.
3、He/She was born in the territory of the Republic of China, and his/her parents were unknown or stateless.
4、He/She was a naturalized person. The provisions specified in subparagraph 1 and 2 above shall also apply to minors at the time of the amendment and promulgation of the Nationality Act.
2. An applicant with foreign nationality, who has stayed overseas continuously for more than 6 years (up to August 1, 2019), stayed in Taiwan for no more than a total of 120 days per calendar year, and with one of the following conditions.
(1) An applicant is holding both foreign and R.O.C. nationalities but has NEVER had a household registration in Taiwan.
(2) An applicant is holding foreign nationality and has ever had R.O.C. nationality, but he/she has no R.O.C nationality at the time of the application, their R.O.C. nationality shall have an annulled status for more than 8 years before the application. (As determined by the Ministry of Interior up to August 1, 2019)
(3) An applicant in the preceding subparagraph 1 and 2 above MUST not has studied in Taiwan as an overseas Chinese student, and apply for the “University Entrance Committee for Overseas Chinese Students” for admission in the enrollment year (http://www.overseas.ncnu.edu.tw/).
3. An applicant of foreign nationality, concurrently holding a permanent residence status in Hong Kong or Macao, having no history of a household registration record in Taiwan and, at the time of application, have resided in Hong Kong, Macao, or another foreign country for no less than 6 years.
4. An applicant being a former citizen of Mainland China and hold foreign nationality, having no history of household registration record in Taiwan, and at the time of application, have resided overseas continuously for no less than 6 years. According to the Cultural Exchange Agreement, a foreign national who was recommended by a foreign government, organization, school, or educational/cultural group to study in Taiwan, is not subject to the limitation as prescribed in the preceding paragraph. The six-year period as prescribed in the first paragraph shall be calculated from the date of when the semester begins (Feb. 1 or Aug. 1).
5. The term “overseas” as prescribed above is limited to countries or regions other than Mainland China, Hong Kong and Macau; the term “reside overseas continuously” means that an individual may stay in Taiwan for no more than a total of 120 days per calendar year. The only exceptions to this method of calculation are for those who fulfill one of the following requirements with written supported proof:
(1) Attended overseas youth training courses organized by the Overseas Compatriot Affairs Council or technique training classes accredited by the Ministry of Education ;
(2) Attended a Mandarin Chinese language center at a university/college of which foreign student recruitment is approved by the Ministry of Education, and to which the total length of stay is less than 2 years.
(3) Exchange students, whose length of total exchange is less than 2 years.
(4) An Internship in Taiwan that has been approved by an authorized central government agency, to which the total length of stay is less than 2 years. An individual, who holds both foreign and R.O.C. nationalities and has applied for an annulment of their R.O.C. nationality before February 1, 2011, the effective date of this amendment, will then be qualified to apply for admission as an international student under the amendment effective before February 1, 2011 and will not be subject to the limitation as prescribed above. All required documents and regulations of application are based on MOE Regulations that Regarding International Students Undertaking Studies in Taiwan. Please visit Ministry of Education (MOE) (http://law.moj.gov.tw/Eng/LawClass/LawContent.aspx?PCODE=H0110001) and Fooyin University official websites for important and latest information before submit your application.
II. Academic Qualification Requirements
1. International students with corresponding academic qualification are eligible for master, bachelor and associate degree programs in Day Division. Qualification certificates for application should be verified by Taiwan’s overseas representative offices or authorized agencies.
(1) Graduate Institute (Master) Program: Applicants should be graduated from a public, private or foreign universities, colleges or equivalent.
(2) Four-Year Bachelor Program: Applicants should be graduated from a public, private or foreign vocational high school, high school or equivalent.
(3) Two-Year Bachelor Program: Applicants should be graduated from a public, private or foreign junior colleges or equivalent.
(4) Five-Year Junior College Program: Applicants should be graduated from a public, private or foreign junior high school or equivalent.
2. The recognition of the highest educational qualification of applicant shall be in accordance with the Standards for Recognition of Equivalent Qualifications for University Entrance Examination (see the Ministry of Education, R.O.C at (http://law.moj.gov.tw/Eng/LawClass/LawContent.aspx?PCODE=H0030032). Applicants, having completed study at an equivalent foreign or Hong Kong/Macau high school (Form 5 or Year11), equivalent to 2nd year of senior high school in Taiwan, may apply for an undergraduate program with a condition of taking extra 12 credits beside graduation credit criteria and courses designated by intended departments. Applicants having graduated from senior high school for no less than 2 years are considered as senior high school graduates with the equivalent certificates, exempt from the required condition.
III. Language Proficiency Applicants should attach one of the following Chinese or English proficiency documents:
1. Chinese proficiency certificate: (1) TOCFL Formal Test:Band A(or above) (2) HSK:Level 3 (or above)
2. 200 hours or above in accumulation of Chinese learning
3. English proficiency certificate (1) TOEFL:IBT26 (or above) or PBT385 (or above) (2) TOEIC:375 (or above) (3) IELTS:3.0 (or above) (4) Cambridge Main Suite:Key English Test (KET) (or above)
1. Application checklist
2. Application form for international student admission. A two-inch recent photo (about 3.5cm×4.5cm) must be attached to the application form. 3. Copy of passport or other equivalent verification of nationality.
4. One copy of the highest academic diploma and the transcript of the highest educational degree authenticated by Taiwan, R.O.C. embassies, representative, consulates, or other mission authorized by the Taiwan Ministry of Foreign Affairs. (hereinafter referred to as Taiwan Overseas Mission) If the original document is not in English or Chinese, the document must be notarized after being translated into English or Chinese.
5. Financial Statement verified/sealed by the financial institution with proof of sufficient funds for the applicant’s entire stay for study in Taiwan. If the financial statement is not in the name of the applicant, a financial statement is also required from the sponsor.
7. Study plan in Chinese or English. (A Chinese or English translation which is notarized by local authority is required if the study plan is not in either of the languages aforementioned.)
8. Applicants applying for the Junior College Program have to submit
(1) Documents of the eligibility of a legal guardian in Taiwan
(2) Authorization Letter of one’s parents or any other legal representative attorney power to the guardian in Taiwan with verification of overseas agencies.
(3) Notarized Letter of Agreement from one’s legal guardian in Taiwan. The legal guardian in Taiwan referred in the preceding Article shall mean a Taiwan, R.O.C. citizen who has passed a police criminal record check.
9. Language Proficiency A Certificate of TOCFL (formerly TOP), official transcript of Chinese Language Program or English proficiency is suggested. (For more information about TOCFL, please refer to the website at http://www.sc-top.org.tw/).
* Chinese proficiency certificate or 200 hours or above in accumulation of Chinese learning:
1. TOCFL Formal Test: Band A(or above)
2. HSK: Level 3 (or above)
* English proficiency certificate
1. TOEFL: IBT26 (or above) or PBT385 (or above)
2. TOEIC: 375 (or above)
3. IELTS: 3.0 (or above)
4. Cambridge Main Suite: Key English Test (KET) (or above)
10. All applied materials are only for school admissions use, and in addition to providing the individual applicant, admission units, the application program, National Immigration Agency, the Ministry of Education and the units of academic credential examination, but all the other uses have to be in accordance with the "Personal data Protection Act".
|Intake||Application Deadlines||Course Begins||Announcement|
|Fall Semester||- Jul 20||September|
|Spring Semester||- Dec 15||February|
*) Step 1 Please make sure if you have eligible international student identity. Then, check the program availability, admission and application timeline.
*) Step 2 Fill in and print out the Application Form, Declaration, Letter of Authorization (if applicable), Financial Statements (if applicable) and Application Cover Sheet provided in the appendixes. Applicants applying for the Junior College Program have to submit the:
(1) Documents of the eligibility of a legal guardian in Taiwan.
(2) Power of Attorney by student’s parents or any other legal representative to the guardian in Taiwan, which must also be verified by overseas agencies.
(3) Letter of Agreement from a legal guardian in Taiwan, which must be notarized. (4) Study plan
*)Step 3 Sign your name on the completed Application Form, Declaration and Letter of Authorization.
*)Step 4 Put a check for submitted documents on the Application Checklist arranged in top-down order.
*)Step 5 The application package must arrive by registered mail or courier to the following address before the application deadline. (DHL or FedEx is recommended for application packages mailed from overseas.) (Please attach the application cover sheet to the outside of the envelope containing your application package)
Office of International and Cross-Strait Affairs, Fooyin University 151, Jinxue Rd., Ta-liao District, Kaohsiung 83102 Taiwan, R.O.C
*)Step 6 You will be notified via e-mail when your application package has been received.
1. Classes are instructed mainly in Chinese and partially in English.
2. Applicants can apply for a maximum of three degree programs one time. Please prepare DUPLICATE application materials for each program and specify your priority order. Place the application materials for each program in separate envelopes with respective application cover sheet attached. However, the application envelops can put in one single package together. Applicants have to fulfill all application requirements for each degree program for admission.
3. Applicants have never studied in the Republic of China with Overseas Chinese student identities.
4. The diploma and transcript submitted for application review shall first be authenticated in accordance with the rules promulgated by the Taiwan, R.O.C Ministry of Education, except for diplomas and transcripts issued by Overseas Taiwanese or Overseas Chinese schools.
5. Those who have been expelled or withdrawn from any university or collage in Taiwan due to their misconducts, failure of their academic grade, or found guilty of criminal cases are NOT eligible to apply. Applicants who violate this regulation will have their admission nullified or status as a Fooyin University student revoked.
6. For all other related information, please refer to MOE Regulations regarding International Student Studies in Taiwan, the International Student Recruiting Policy of Fooyin University, or other related guidelines.
7. If any conflict between the text description of Chinese and English in this admission brochure is presented, it will base on the basis of the Chinese narrative.