Hsing Wu University is located in a beautiful and quiet urban area of Linkou, New Taipei City, Taiwan. Our school was founded in 1965 and was originally named Hsing Wu Junior college of commerce. We are a vocational University. The school motto “Loyalty, Honesty, Diligence, and Peace” is based on the principles of humanity and concerns for cultivating outstanding students in the field of commerce.
50 years of excellence, striving for a paragon. Hsing Wu University is composed of 4 Colleges: Tourism and Hospitality, Design, Business Management, and Information Technology. The school offers 15 undergraduate and 4 postgraduate courses. In 2016, an enrollment of 9,600 students are taught by 245 full-time dedicated teachers. Assistant professors and tenured teachers account for 68% of the faculty members.
The school is committed to knowledge directly applicable to its correlating industry to provide students with a comprehensive curriculum. Through these efforts, we encourage students to compete in various domestic and global competitions. In addition, the school has been awarded Education Teaching Excellence School from Taiwan Ministry of Education in 2016. Over the past 50 years, we have built on our strengths and hope to continue this legacy with another 50 years of excellence striving for a paragon.
Establishing a school is not an easy task and operating it well is a story in itself. The 50-year-old Hsing Wu University has cultivated 66,000 elite alumni for society. It can be compared to a big tree with dense leaves providing shade to those beneath it; The tree is imprinted by its predecessors' footprints along the banyan avenue in the campus. Like nature's circle of life, our alumni's influence on society is like a drop of water falling on the Sheyang Gang Stone nurturing the grass and earth beneath it.
Today, we are fortunate enough to be able to rediscover the footprints of our predecessors and to move forward in the direction of being steadfast, striving for excellence, and being a role model. To achieve these goals, we will keep growing and challenge convention, collaborate with industry and explore new ways of learning.
Please make sure that you are eligible to apply as an international student and read the instructions carefully.
The prospective applicant could refer to the link below “MOE Regulations Regarding International Students Undertaking Studies in Taiwan”.
* Applications that do not meet any of the above-mentioned criteria will not be processed.
1. Checklist (Appendix 1)
2. Application Form for International Student Admission (Appendix 2).
3. Admission Application Affidavit (Appendix 3).
4. Authorization (Appendix 4).
5. Affidavit of admissions documents to be verified (Appendix 5).
6. The check-list & affidavit letter of attendance for foreign applicants in Taiwan (Appendix 6)
7. The highest-level diploma and transcript issued by an overseas academic institution. These documents must be authenticated by a ROC embassy, consulate, representative office, the agency authorized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs(hereafter referred to as “Taiwan’s overseas representative office”), or verified by an institute established or appointed by, or through a private agency commissioned by, the Executive Yuan(a copy of the translation in Chinese or English is necessary if the original diploma is in language other than Chinese or English).
※Remark: If the verification process is not completed before the application deadline, a signed Affidavit (of Admissions Documents to be Verified) (See Appendix 5) must be submitted with the application. At the time of registration, students must provide the original academic degree and transcript verified by a Taiwan overseas representative office, or verified by an institute established or appointed by, or through a private agency commissioned by, the Executive Yuan. If all the required documents cannot be submitted on time, the admissions offer will be revoked.
8. Applicant whose mother language is not Mandarin shall submit the Certificate of TOCFL (formerly TOP), an official transcript of the Chinese language courses taken, and at least one recommendation letter from a Chinese language teacher (Appendix 7. For more information about TOCFL, please refer to the website at http://www.sc-top.org.tw/).
9.A copy of passport or other equivalent verification as proof of nationality.
10. A financial statement with sufficient funds (to support your study in Taiwan) and the official bank stamp. The statement should be sent to Hsing Wu University of Science and Technology in an envelope sealed by the bank. Unsealed financial statements shall be authenticated by a Taiwan Overseas Mission.
11. Health certificate of the recent 3 months (including related HIV tests).
12. Autobiography (Appendix 8).
13. Study Plans (Appendix 9). If additional materials are required by specific departments, the applicant shall be notified as needed.
|Intake||Application Deadlines||Course Begins||Announcement|
|Fall semester||May 01 - Jul 31||Early of September||Middle of August|
|Spring semester||Oct 01 - Dec 15||Middle of February||Middle of January|
How to Apply : To apply, please send all application forms and supporting documents by registered mail to Atm:
Office of Academic Affairs, Hsing Wu University of Science and Technology
No. 101, Sec.1, Fenliao Rd., LinKou District, New Taipei City 244, Taiwan (R.O.C.). TEL:+886-2-26015310 ext.1201
A. Admission notes
1. Applicants should make sure if they are qualified by checking all criteria intended by departments.
2. The diploma and transcript submitted for application review shall first be authenticated in accordance with the rules promulgated by the R.O.C. Ministry of Education, except for diplomas and transcripts issued by Overseas Taiwanese or Overseas Chinese schools.
3. Foreign students who have been forced to drop out at any institution in Taiwan due to their behavior problems, failed academic performances and criminal recordsare not allowed to apply for admission. Should any of the above violation cases be verified, the applicant’s student status will be revoked immediately.
4. Foreign students who have the household registration, naturalization or restoration to R.O.C. nationality during your study have to lose your foreign students status and accept the discontinuation of your study by the University.
5. According to regulation issued by Taiwan Ministry of Education, applicants should present HWU a valid medical insurance of
6. Applicants should submit a health certificate (including an HIV Antibody Test ) issued within 3 months by one of the local hospitals designated by the Centers for Disease Control of Ministry of Health and Welfare of the R.O.C. or a foreign hospital when applying for a visa.
*Health certificates issued by foreign hospitals must be authenticated by an R.O.C. overseas mission. Visit the website of the Centers for Disease Control at http://www.cdc.gov.tw/english/index.aspx for health checkup items and the list of designated local hospitals.
7. Admission shall be denied and/or the student shall be dismissed from Hsing Wu University of Science and Technology (HWU) after admission if there are any violations of the general academic honor code and/or in the authenticity of the applicant’s documents. Those who have graduated shall have their diploma revoked.
8. A limited number of tuition waivers are awarded to foreign students each year. Students could apply for the tuition waiver by checking appropriate box in the application form.
9. Submitted documents are unreturnable. Please make copies for your own reference.
10. Applicants, in accordance with the provisions of the Personal Data Protection Law, allow HWU to hold and keep their personal information for the usage of applying and enrollment in HWU. HWU will have the obligation and responsibility to keep applicants’ personal informational for the use of enrollment evaluation only. After submitting the application forms all applicants are considered granting the school for using their personal information in aspects related to enrollment.
11. Foreign students are NOT allowed to take any kind of part-time job out of school during the period when they study in HWU.
12. The contact information of applicants should be accurate. Applicants unable to reply any notification from HWU before deadline will be regarded as giving up their rights. 13. For all other related information, please refer to MOE Regulations regarding “InternationalStudent Studies in Taiwan”, the school regulation of Hsing Wu University of Science and Technology (HWU), or other related guidelines.
B. Academic Background:
1. International students shall submit their academic credentials subject to the “Regulations Regarding the Assessment and Recognition of Foreign Academic Credentials for Institutions of Higher Education", the “Regulations Governing the Accreditation of Schools in Mainland China", and “Academic Credential Verification and Accreditation Methods" adopted in Hong Kong and Macao. International students with junior high school diplomas are eligible to apply for five-year Junior College program studies at HWU.
International students with high school diplomas are eligible to apply for undergraduate studies at HWU. International students with Bachelor’s degree are eligible to apply for master’s programs at HWU.
2.Applicants with equivalent qualifications to the academic degree system of Taiwan can apply for admissions.
3.International students who have completed their Bachelor’s Degree (or above) in Taiwan and wish to apply for higher education are required to present their diploma and official transcripts and follow the application procedure.
4.Those having graduated from a foreign high school or junior college in a period of time less than that required by its Taiwan counterpart may take the entrance examination in the undergraduate program in which they are interested. However, the school may require 12 or more additional credits to be completed before graduation.
*Those institutions from which applicants graduated must be accredited schools approved by the Ministry of Education of the R.O.C. as well as in accordance with the rules of Foreign Degrees Authentication promulgated by the Ministry of Education. Otherwise, the application will not be accepted.
5. Applicants must be proficient in the Chinese language, particularly in speaking and listening.