1. Hwa Hsia University of Technology, founded in 1966 by Dr. Frank T. Y. Chao, the guiding principle of the University is WISE-123. W stands for Worldview, which aims to help students establish a worldview and strengthen the internationalization of the University. I stands for Innovation, which aims to develop students’ creativity.
S stands for Skill, which aims to help students gain multiple skills.
E stands for Employment, which aims to enhance students’ employment competitiveness. In addition, students are expected to achieve the “123” objective before graduation: 1 diploma in a professional field, 2 credit certificates (1 multidisciplinary program certificate and 1 career program certificate), and 3 licenses (1 vocational license, 1 foreign language proficiency license, and 1 information technology license).
2. From 2009 to 2016, Hwa Hsia University of Technology has been awarded the Teaching Excellence Project Grant for eight consecutive years by the Ministry of Education and the total amount is NT$ 201.94 million (about US$ 6,731,333).
Please make sure that you are eligible to apply as an international student and read the instructions carefully.
The prospective applicant could refer to the link below “MOE Regulations Regarding International Students Undertaking Studies in Taiwan”.
* Applications that do not meet any of the above-mentioned criteria will not be processed.
(1) One sets of application form for international students (A latest personal photo must be attached to each set).
(2) The applicant’s official transcript and highest-degreed diploma or equivalent academic attainment must be authenticated by the R.O.C. Embassy, consulate, representative offices or other institutions authorized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. (The language of the transcript and diploma, if not in Chinese or English, must be translated into either Chinese or English. Those who apply for undergraduate program must offer high schools or higher transcripts. Those who apply for graduate or doctoral program must offer university or higher transcripts.)
Except those issued by applicant’s local Taiwanese schools, the highest-degreed diplomas issued in the foreign countries must be verified via the MOE Procedural Guidelines for Verification and Recognition of Foreign Educational Qualifications. Those who do not prepare necessary documents or use forged documents will be forfeited of their right to apply or deprived of their student status.
(3) Documented evidence of financial support for the whole study period in Taiwan, R.O.C NT.200000 約USD 6700 (these documents must be translated into Chinese or English): Please select one of the following methods of proof: a. The financial Statement must be authenticated by the R.O.C. embassy, consulate, representative offices or other institutions authorized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. b. The financial Statement must be issued by a financial institution within the past three months. The statement must be on the financial institution's official letter head .
(4) A health certificate by qualified health institute (which must include results of blood tests of communicable diseases, particularly AIDS).
(5) A copy of autobiography (a study plan included) about 300 to 500 words in Chinese or English by the applicant. (master degree only)
(6)Official certification: Applicants must take the Test of Proficiency-Huayu SC-TOP organized by the Steering Committee for the Test of Proficiency-Huayu SC-TOP (http://www.sc-top.org.tw) in accordance with regulations of departments.
(7) Two self-addressed envelopes deliverable within next six months. Various notices will be sent to the applicants. Please mail to: Office of International and cross-strait Affairs Hwa Hsia University of Technology NO.111, GONG JHUAG RD., JHUAN HO, TAIPEI, TAIWAN (REPUBLIC OF CHINA).
(8) Applicants should provide a certificate of language proficiency in Chinese or English when applying for admission. For admission to a Chinese-taught program, an applicant should provide a TOCFL (Test of Chinese as a Foreign Language) certificate for Level 2 or above, or a certificate of completion of a Chinese program at Level 2 issued by the Taiwan Education Center.
|Intake||Application Deadlines||Course Begins||Announcement|
|Fall Semester||- Jun 30||September||July|
1. All the courses are taught in Chinese. Applicants should have adequate listening, reading, speaking and writing proficiency in Chinese at a level necessary for academic studies. International students’ applications for admission are reviewed by an evaluation committee once a year. Those who are admitted will be informed by the university with the consent of the president. Those who do not have sufficient Chinese proficiency may still be admitted to take degree or non-degree study with the consent of the evaluation committee.
However, if necessary, they have to take Chinese language lessons offered by this university at their own expenses. Those who are offered partial scholarships by the Ministry of Education may apply for the subsidy for the language lessons from the MOE. The language lessons will not be considered as part of the total credits for graduation. The required credits for each semester, if necessary, can be properly reduced depending upon the applicant’s level of Chinese proficiency.
2. All international students of the university are guaranteed housing in student dormitories.
3. For guiding student’s off-campus life, those who want to live off-campus must provide parent’s or sponsor’s consent form. Advisors from the Office of Student Affairs, or faculty members from the department to which students belong, are advised to visit those who live off campus either at the scheduled time or on impromptu basis.
4. The goal of the university is to cultivate superb teachers with both humanistic and intellectual learning. Therefore, after entering the university, students should observe all the regulations stipulated by the faculty and the student representatives.
5. This document will enter into effect after having been submitted to the President for approval. Hereon all revisions shall go through the same submission procedure.
6. University addresses: NO.111, GONG JHUAG RD., JHUAN HO, NEW TAIPEI CITY 235, TAIWAN REPUBLIC OF CHINA