Ming Chuan is an institution with goals of Excellence, Professionalism and Internationalization as part of caring for our students with a parent’s heart. For more than 50 years, we have been dedicated to giving direction, providing practical advantages and setting examples to our students. Annually, over 18,000 young people, from Taiwan and from more than 60 countries around the world, are on our campuses preparing for their future success.
Our faculty is committed to pursuing excellence in teaching and research. Conducting research to produce relevant, up-to-date information for the world and ourselves, and challenging students to demonstrate what they know in projects, presentations and exams is the core of our existence. To prepare graduates with high levels of professionalism, we believe in investing in the personnel and equipment necessary for simulation teaching so that the results of our endeavors might give more direction, new products, needed solutions and increased understanding of the society and world around us.
We welcome distinguished guests from organizations and institutions around the globe; such internationalization stimulates hosts and guests alike to share in the excitement of discovery and the development of meaningful ties with neighbors around the world. Seeing students benefit from career and life guidance, and develop as well-rounded individuals is a heart-warming reward as we continue to care for our students as though they were our own children. As educators we are a part of their growth, not only mentally, but also socially, aesthetically, physically and morally.
We participate in the growth of our local communities as well, providing extension education, informed consultants, and state-of-the-art facilities for teaching, learning, meeting and developing. Learners from all walks of life come through our gates to benefit from the resources of this vibrant university. In teaching, research, administration and service, Ming Chuan benefits all-around from our high-tech emphasis. Our state-of-the-art facilities allow us to develop and hone students’ practical skills for success on the job. They also allow our faculty to compliment and compete in their professional fields.
Administrative units function in highly efficient, integrated fashion, due to the university’s commitment to applied technology in this area. Ming Chuan University has a solid history in higher education in the Republic of China. We are poised to be an excellent contributor of top-quality personnel to the world for the 21st century. We welcome you to investigate what we have to offer, both to Taiwan and to the world.
Please make sure that you are eligible to apply as an international student and read the instructions carefully.
The prospective applicant could refer to the link below “MOE Regulations Regarding International Students Undertaking Studies in Taiwan”.
* Applications that do not meet any of the above-mentioned criteria will not be processed.
(1) Complete the online application and study plan via MCU website (http://apply.mcu.edu.tw/).
(2) A recent head-shoulder photo.
(3) A copy of passport.
(4) One photocopy of high school diploma / university diploma with verification by Taipei Economic and Cultural Office. (The English or Chinese verified version is also necessary if the original diploma is not in either language. The original verified certificate shall be submitted upon registration at the beginning of the new semester.)
*Certificate of enrollment is required if applicant is currently studying in the last semester of school.
(5) One photocopy of official English yearly transcripts from all high school/ university years with verification by Taipei Economic and Cultural Office. (The English or Chinese verified version is also necessary if the original transcript is not in either language. The original verified transcripts shall be submitted upon registration at the beginning of the new semester.)
*If an applicant is studying in the last semester of school, diploma and transcripts should be verified after graduation.
(6) One photocopy of bank statement, with a minimum balance of US$6500 per person; or a copy of scholarship award notification.
(7) Two letters of recommendation. Please save the file in JPG/PDF format. References should sign on the letter. Position title and contact info should be provided on the letter. Recommendation should not be written by friends or family members
(8) Application fee US$50 or NT$1500 per person (non-refundable). Please see “Instructions for Fee-Paying”. Credit card service is not available for application fee payment.
(9) English language proficiency: TOEFL Paper-based test 500, TOEFL iBT 61, TOEFL CBT 173, IELTS 5.0 or TOEIC 550 (Only applicable to students who apply to English-taught programs. Native speakers are excluded).
(10) Chinese language proficiency: TOCFL B2 level < http://www.sc-top.org.tw/ > or intermediate level of other Mandarin Chinese language proficiency tests. (Only applicable to students who apply to Chinese-taught programs. Native speaker are excluded).
|Intake||Application Deadlines||Course Begins||Announcement|
|Fall Semester||Feb 01 - May 31||September||July|
|Spring Semester||Sep 15 - Oct 15||February||December|
All applicants should read through the Application Information and fully comply with the application regulations. Make sure that you are eligible to apply as an international student. Prepare all required documents. Complete the online application (http://apply.mcu.edu.tw) during the application period.
Do not send any paper documents to the admissions office. Please read MCU On-Line Application Procedure and get familiar with application process before you start your application. MCU Regulation MCU Rules for Foreign Student Admission http://academic.mcu.edu.tw/en/node/187