National Chengchi University (NCCU) was founded in 1927. Over the past 8 decades through re-formation and development, we have been upholding our motto, “Harmony, Independence, Balance and Preeminence”, and have continued to refine our teaching methods and research in order to nurture talent for our country and society. We currently have 10 colleges excelling in the Liberal Arts, Law, Commerce, Science, Foreign Languages, Social Sciences, Communication, International Affairs, Education and International College of Innovation, 34 departments, one undeclared major in College of Communication, 47 master programs and 35 doctoral programs.
Additionally, NCCU offers 14 on-the-job Master’s Programs, and also 5 distinguished International Master's Programs and one International Doctoral Program. NCCU also has 10 university-level research centers, which are Institute of International Relations, Election Study Center, Center for the Third Sector, Center for Creativity and Innovation Studies, Taiwan Studies Center, Center for China Studies, Humanities Research Center, Center for Aboriginal Studies, Center for Mind, Brain and Learning and Center for the Study of Chinese Religions.
In addition, NCCU forms a consistent and articulated education system from pre-school level to the Doctoral program with its affiliated institutions, including high school, experimental elementary school and kindergarten.
1. An applicant must have foreign nationality and has never studied in Taiwan before as an Overseas Chinese Student at the time of application. 2. An applicant has never been admitted through admission placement by University Entrance Committee for Overseas Chinese student in the year of application. 3. An applicant must apply in accordance with “Regulations Regarding International Students Undertaking Studies in Taiwan” by the Ministry of Education (MOE).
For detailed information of the required application materials, please refer to the admission brochure.
(1) Application checklist (generated by the online application system).
(2) Application fee receipt: The fee is NT$1,600 / US$60 per application (postage for Acceptance/ Non-acceptance letter included). If the application fee is remitted to the university account or paid directly at the NCCU Cashier Section, please enclose a photocopy of T/T (Telegraphic Transfer) receipt or the receipt from the NCCU Cashier Section.
(3) 2 completed application forms (generated by the online application system), each attached with a recent photo (about 3.5 cm X 4.5 cm in size).
(4) Mailing address label (generated by the online application system).
(5) Declaration (generated by the online application system).
(6) Verification of nationality (A photocopy of your passport) If applicable, NCCU may ask the applicant to provide a photocopy of the “Forfeited Nationality Permit Certificate” issued by Ministry of the Interior, “Certificate of Entry and Exit Dates” issued by National Immigration Agency, Signed “Non-Household Registration Declaration" or other official certificates. （＊Application for Certificate of Entry and Exit Dates）.
(7) One photocopy of the diploma of the highest academic degree obtained.In case the original diploma is not issued in English or Chinese, an additional notarized copy of the translation into English or Chinese must be submitted along with the original document. Applicants with a bachelor’s degree or above from one of the institutions in Mainland China, which are specifically recognized by the MOE, are also required to submit a certificate of degree conferral Current graduates (who have not yet received their official diploma) are required to submit an official certificate of expected graduation (in English or Chinese) issued by their school in lieu of their diploma at the time of application.
(8) One FULL academic transcript. In case the original transcript is not issued in English or Chinese, an additional notarized copy of the translation into English or Chinese must be submitted along with the original document. FULL Academic Transcript:
- Undergraduate program applicants: Transcript of the previous high school (or above).
- Master’s program applicants: Transcript of the previous bachelor’s degree (or above)
- PhD program applicants: Transcript of the previous master’s degree (or above) Admitted applicants can enroll only after they have submitted the photocopies of their diploma, certificate of degree conferral (applicable to applicants with a bachelor’s degree or above from an institution in Mainland China, which is specifically recognized by the MOE) as well as a full academic transcript and other relevant academic certificates. In addition, all of them must be verified by the related offices according to the following regulations.
Students whose degrees are conferred by foreign schools (excluding the schools in Hong Kong, Macau, and Mainland China) shall follow the “Regulations Regarding the Assessment and Recognition of Foreign Academic Credentials for Institutions of Higher Education.” The diploma and the full academic transcripts are required to be verified by the Taiwan Overseas Representative Offices in the country in which the degree-issuing school is located. If the original documents are not in Chinese or English, a Chinese or English translation, verified by the Taiwan Overseas Representative Offices, is also required.
Students whose degrees are conferred by the prescribed schools in Hong Kong or Macau shall follow the “Academic Credential Verification and Accreditation Methods adopted in Hong Kong and Macao” for the requirement of relevant academic certificates. Students whose degrees are conferred by the schools in Mainland China, which are specifically recognized by the MOE, shall follow the “The Regulations Governing the Accreditation of Schools in Mainland China” for the requirement of relevant academic certificates.
(9) An official bank statement (in Chinese or English) that indicates an account balance of more than NTD$200,000 (USD$6,500). The statement has to be issued by a financial institution and cannot be older than 3 months at the time of the application. If the certificate is not in the name of the applicant himself/herself, a signed sponsorship letter (in Chinese or English) is required. In this sponsorship letter, the relationship between the sponsor and the applicant has to be stated and the support of the applicant’s expenses for the duration of the applicant’s studies in Taiwan has to be guaranteed. (＊Download sample of sponsorship letter) Students with full scholarship must provide proof.
(10) Additional application materials required by the individual department or graduate institute one intends to apply (please refer to section 2 of this brochure, entitled “Criteria of Each Department or Graduate Institute”).
|Feb 02 - Mar 19
|Sep 26 - Oct 21
1. Apply online.
※ Online application open: January 3, 2020 –March 20, 5pm (Taiwan time)
※ Website: http://oicwebap.nccu.edu.tw/Fall/IntStdApply/Index.aspx
2. Print online application documents.
3. Prepare materials required for the application and pay the application fees.
4. Submit the application Application materials must be submitted either by mail or in person. Applications submitted by fax or e-mail will not be processed.
(1) Submit the application BY MAIL: The postmark deadline is before deadline. The application postmarked after deadline will not be processed. We strongly suggest you submit your application via a trackable global carrier, such as DHL, FedEx, Express Mail or UPS. If you don’t submit your application via a trackable carrier, please mail your application ASAP. Please mail your application to the following address: International Education Section, Office of International Cooperation National Chengchi University (No. 64, Sec. 2, Zhinan Rd., Wenshan District, Taipei City, Taiwan 11605 TEL：+886-2-29393091 ext.62566.
(2) Submit the application IN PERSON ※ Before deadline, 5pm, you may submit your application directly to International Education Section at OIC (8th floor of the Administration Building ).
※ Applications submitted in person are accepted Monday through Friday (except holidays), 9am– 12pm and 2pm – 5pm. The applications not submitted during the prescribed hours and the late applications will not be processed. Please contact the OIC for the NCCU holidays.
※ Once OIC receives the application packets, the confirmation e-mail will be sent within 7 working days to the applicants and the application status will be updated in the online application system. The application process is then complete. If no confirmation e-mail is received, please contact the OIC.
※ Applicants with incomplete documentation must assume full responsibility for a rejected application.
"(1) Please be sure to read this brochure and the FAQ website carefully in order to complete all steps regarding your admission to NCCU successfully.
(2) An applicant may apply to more than one department/graduate institute/program. Yet, he/she can finally only enroll in one department/graduate institute or program.
(3) Applicants must not only pay attention to the general admission requirements, but shall also note the eligibility and requirements set up by individual departments/graduate institutes or program they apply to, such as additionally requested application materials, oral tests, written tests, etc., and provide required documents. "