National Chiayi University was formed in February 2000 by merging two existing colleges in Chiayi, i.e., National Chiayi Institute of Technology (NCIT) and National Chiayi Teachers College(NCTC). The University now has seven colleges, which include 7 doctoral programs, 43 full-time master’s degree programs, and 38 undergraduate programs. NCYU is one of the oldest and largest universities in the southern part of Taiwan.
Since its establishment in 2000, National Chaiyi University (NCYU) has been actively engaged in globalization. The University offers students and faculty members opportunities to develop intercultural competence through different types of exchange and collaborative research programs. At present, the University is cooperating with universities in Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Japan, Korea, New Zealand, Paraguay, Thailand, the United Kingdom, and the United States of America.
These overseas institutions include Cardiff University (U.K.); Institut National Polytechnique Toulouse (France); Hankyong National University (Korea); International University of Applied Sciences Bad Honnef. Bonn (Germany); Lincoln University (New Zealand); National University of Asuncion (Paraguay); New England University (Australia); Nova Scotia Agriculture College (Canada); Meiji University (Japan); Texas A&M University – Commerce (U.S.A).
The University also supports the development of a global perspective for faculty members and students to participate in international conferences and to join the short-term exchange programs at the international institutions. We welcome you to be a part of us. Come experience National Chiayi University, a school always committed to finding solutions to the great challenges of the day and to preparing our students for the world beyond NCYU.
Please make sure that you are eligible to apply as an international student and read the instructions carefully.
The prospective applicant could refer to the link below “MOE Regulations Regarding International Students Undertaking Studies in Taiwan”.
* Applications that do not meet any of the above-mentioned criteria will not be processed.
1.Application form for admission (including 2-inch half-length and bareheaded photo).
2. Highest degree's graduation certificate: The official highest diploma from a foreign school by a Taiwan Overseas Representative Office or an institute established or appointed by or a private agency commissioned by the Executive Yuan (If the documents are in languages other than Chinese or English, an authenticated Chinese or English translation should be additionally attached.)
a. Academic credentials from Mainland China: The provisions in Method for Recognition of Mainland China Academic Credentials shall apply.
b. Academic credentials from Hong Kong or Macau: The provisions in Method for Verification and Recognition of Hong Kong and Macau Academic Credentials shall apply.
c. Academic credentials from other areas:
(a) The academic credential from an overseas Taiwanese school or a school in Mainland China for Taiwanese merchants shall be regarded as the same as that from a domestic school of an equivalent level.
(b) Foreign academic credentials from schools other than the two areas referred to in the preceding paragraphs shall be processed in accordance with the provisions in Method for Recognition of Foreign Academic Credentials by Universities. However, if the academic credential is issued by a foreign school established or with a branch established in Mainland China, the academic credential shall be notarized by a notary public in Mainland China and authenticated by an institute established or appointed by or a civil group commissioned by the Executive Yuan.
3. Highest degree's full transcript of records. (With GPA) If the authentication process cannot be completed before the application deadline, a signed Affidavit for Presentation of Admission Documents (ex: Appendix II) must be submitted. If admitted, the student must provide at registration the original copy of diploma and transcript authenticated by a Taiwan Overseas Representative Office or an institute established or appointed by or a private agency commissioned by the Executive Yuan. The admission will be cancelled if such documents cannot be submitted on time.
※ The transcript must include grades for courses in every semester.
※If the applicant is a recent graduate, the diploma does not need to be submitted for the application, but must be submitted at the time of registration, otherwise the admission will be cancelled.
※For information about the websites of the Overseas Representative Offices, please refer to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs website (https://www.taiwanembassy.org).
4. Two Recommendation letters
5. Autobiography and Study plan It can be written in Chinese or English without specific requirements for contents or formats. If you apply for several department programs (sections), it is suggested that the content is applicable to multiple department programs (sections). Please edit it with word processing software (such as WORD) and then convert it to PDF format.
6. A photocopy of proof of financial resources issued by a financial institution within the past three months which demonstrates financial sustainability for the student’s study in Taiwan. Or Proof of full scholarship offered by a government agency, university, college or a civil organization. (At least U.S.D 1,500. )
7. A photocopy of the passport or other documents for proof of nationality. A photocopy of the Alien Resident Certificate is required if available.
※If the applicant meets the provisions in Article 2 of the Ministry of Education’s Regulations Regarding International Students Undertaking Studies in Taiwan, has a foreign nationality as required and possesses (or possessed) a ROC nationality, then the applicant needs to provide immigration records for the past six years, certificate of ROC nationality renouncement or other supporting documents.
9. For an application for admission to a doctoral program, the applicant needs to submit a Master’s thesis. If the thesis is written in a foreign language, a summary in Chinese or English is required.
|Intake||Application Deadlines||Course Begins||Announcement|
|Fall Semester (For Bachelor's Degree - First Round)||Dec 15 - Mar 15||September||May|
|Fall Semester (For Bachelor's Degree - Second Round)||Apr 15 - May 15||September||June|
|Fall Semester (For Master's and Doctoral's Degree)||Dec 15 - Mar 15||September||May|
Step 1: Log on to the online application system: https://admissions.ncyu.edu.tw/fsc/indexfsc.aspx 【 Application for undergraduate programs is limited to not more than 3 departments (sections); application for Master's (or Doctoral) programs is limited to not more than 3 departments or graduate institutes (sections)】
Step 2: Fill out the application form for admission
Step 3: Uploading Documents for Review Log on to the online application system→『Online Application』 →『Upload Documents』 https://admissions.ncyu.edu.tw/fsc/indexfsc.aspx 【 If you select two or more departments (sections), you only need to upload one copy of documents for review.
Admission to the University does not guarantee visa issuance; the visa has to be issued by the Bureau of Consular Affairs of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, or a Taiwan Overseas Representative Office. But for Indonesian students who apply a Taiwan student visa, please refer to the announcement from Taipei Economic and Trade Office in Indonesia "Dokumen yang diperlukan untuk permohonan visa".