At the University, students can attend numerous recreational activities. With over 70 intramural student organizations on campus as well as regularly held campus-wide events, students are encouraged to get involved and enjoy their college life. It is here that students are challenged to broaden their worldview and create an education that is able to accommodate all their passions.
NKNU is proud of its highly efficient faculty and staff who are dedicated to the enrichment of the campus. The values of "service," "excellence," "efficiency," "humanity," and "digitalization" are stressed among all levels of administration. It is through these values that the University is able to remain a first-rate academic environment where both research and instruction can thrive.
Since its establishment, NKNU has educated many important contributors to the field of education. With 70% of teachers and education administrators in southern Taiwan having connections to the University, NKNU maintains an important nexus for the education-related research and teacher’s training. It again proves to be the place that inspires national and regional education reforms.
NKNU has also won nationwide acclaims for its efforts and scholarly pursuits. In 2006, the University was accredited by the Ministry of Education as an "excellent" institution, ranking it as one of the best universities in the nation. With a vision directed to the future, NKNU's faculty and students help build a community that is based on heritage and innovation, striving to diversify and expand the University’s status across the world. With their endeavors, NKNU has become an institution that is attuned toward globalization, equality, and environmentalism.
1. Please make sure that you are eligible to apply as an international student and read the instructions carefully.
The prospective applicant could refer to the link below “MOE Regulations Regarding International Students Undertaking Studies in Taiwan”.
* Applications that do not meet any of the above-mentioned criteria will not be processed.
2. For admission to Bachelor Programs: High School diploma. For admission to Master’s Programs: Bachelor’s degree. For admission to Doctoral Programs: Master’s degree.
Applicants are required to submit (by 30 April for the Fall semester, by 1 November for the Spring semester) the following documents to the university:
1. One copy of the application form; (download and print out the form and sign, then scan and upload back onto the application system. )
2. One photocopy of the diploma authenticated by Taiwan’s overseas representative office (a notarized translation is required for any document, not in English or Chinese)
3. One copy of English or Chinese transcript of full academic records authenticated by Taiwan’s overseas representative office
4. Two letters of recommendation in English or Chinese
5. A study plan in English or Chinese. Please provide the study plan according to the applied department/institute.
6. Validated financial statement indicating sufficient fund for staying in Taiwan* or written notification from a bank as evidence of the applicant’s ability to financially maintain himself/herself while attending NKNU
7. Affidavit (Applicants should download and print out the “Affidavit” form and sign, then scan and upload back onto the application system.)
8. Other relevant certificates (for example Chinese language certificate, TOEFL, IELTS, etc.) * If unable to provide official authenticated documents during the application process, applicants are allowed to submit photocopies when applying for admissions. The official authenticated documents shall be available and submitted to the University before the date of enrollment.
* Telephone number and e-mail address must be clearly indicated on the application form.
* Unless otherwise specified, application documents submitted shall not be returned. 9. Vietnamese and Indonesian applicants are required to attach a certificate of language proficiency issued by an official testing agency.
(1) If one applies for a degree program taught in Chinese, the applicant must submit a certificate of competence above Level 2 of the Chinese Proficiency Test (TOCFL).
(2) If one applies for a degree program taught in English, the applicant must submit a certificate of basic English ability of TOEFL iBT score above 26, TOFEL ITP scores above 385, TOEIC scores above 375, or IELTS score above 3.0.
10. Indonesian applicants are required to provide a financial statement issued by a financial institution showing their financial sustainability (at least in the last 6 months with a minimum of $ 5,000) for study in Taiwan, or a certificate of scholarship. If the submitted financial statement is not under the name of the applicant, then the applicant’s sponsor(s) must provide an affidavit indicating their relationship to the applicant and their intent to provide financial support throughout his/her period of study.
|Intake||Application Deadlines||Course Begins||Announcement|
|Fall Semester||- May 17||September||Jun 14|
|Spring Semester||- Nov 15||February||Dec 17|
1. Only online applications are accepted. Applicants can apply for only one account in the online application system. Upload all required documents in PDF files only.
2. Unless otherwise specified, applicants can apply to one to three programs.