Nation Taiwan Sport University (NTSU) has been founded for 30 years.Since August 2010, NTSU has been successfully led by President Chin-Hsung Kao. Mainly relying on his modesty, responsibility, and reliability, President Kao, the faculty, and staff prominently promote NTSU by advancing remarkable administrative achievement, connecting with national policies, and involving with the social development.
These are greatly achieved based on the major principles of globalization broadening and managerial mechanism adoption. In accordance with the spirit of the founding motto: Excellence, Loyality, Frugality, and Perseverance, NTSU is surely committed to fostering multi- talents for different areas.
International students with high school diploma are eligible for bachelor’s programs.International students with bachelor’s degree are eligible for master’s programs; those with master’s degree are eligible for doctoral programs.
International students who have completed their bachelor’s degree (or above) in Taiwan and apply for higher degrees are required to submit their diploma and official transcripts of full semesters. Applicants should receive passing grades in all courses of full semesters from their previous schools. Given that the courses are mainly taught in Mandarin Chinese, proficiency in the language is required. The status of the applicant who wishes to apply as international students should not be against the following conditions at the time of the application:
1. An individual of foreign nationality, who is not holding nationality of the Republic of China (R.O.C.).
2. An individual of foreign nationality who is also a national of the R.O.C. but does not hold or has not had a household registration in Taiwan and has resided overseas continuously for no less than 6 years is also qualified to apply for admission. The six year calculation period as prescribed shall be calculated from the starting date of the semester (August 1st) as the designated due date for the time of study. The term “reside overseas continuously” means that an individual may stay in Taiwan for no more than a total of 120 days per calendar year.
3. An individual who also was a national of the R.O.C. but has no R.O.C. nationality at the time of the application shall have an annulled status regarding their R.O.C. nationality for no less than 8 years after an annulment of R.O.C. nationality by the Ministry of the Interior.
4. An individual who has not studied in Taiwan as an overseas Chinese student nor received placement permission during the same year of the application by the University Entrance Committee for Overseas Chinese Students.
5. An individual who has not studied in Taiwan as the status of a permanent resident of Hong Kong, Macau or a national of the People's Republic of China.
6. An individual who has never been dismissed from any universities or college s in Taiwan due to misconduct, poor academic performance or conviction under the Criminal Law in R.O.C..
1. A complete application form with a recent 2-inch photograph.
2. The highest-level certificate or equivalent academic qualification and official transcript of full semesters (these documents must be provided or translated in Chinese or English).
3. Certification of finances: A certificate of account balance or scholarship. An official certificate of account balance with a minimum amount of NTD 100,000 (or USD 3,300) issued within three months of the application date by a financial institution. If the depositor of the certificate is not the applicant, a financial guarantee is also required (see Attachment 3 on page 14).
4. Application fee: Bachelor’s program NT$1,500 Master’s program NT$1,500 Doctoral program NT$3,000
5. A photocopy of passport or identification document. NTSU International Student Declaration for Application (see Attachment 4 on page 15)
6.Check list (see Attachment 5 onp.17)
7. Other documents required by each department or graduate institute Please refer to: https://aca.ntsu.edu.tw/p/412-1004-69.php?Lang=zh-tw
|Intake||Application Deadlines||Course Begins||Announcement|
|Fall Semester||- May 07|
|Spring Semester||- Dec 03|
Application materials should be submitted via postal service and send to:
Centre for International Affairs, Office of Research and Development National Taiwan Sport University
No.250, Wenhua 1 st Rd., Guishan, Taoyuan 33301, Taiwan (R.O.C.).
Please paste Envelop Cover Sheet (see Attachment 1 on page 10) onto the envelope Attachment of your application packet.
Application Fee: NT$1,500 - NT$3,000