The National Taiwan University of Science and Technology, formerly “the National Taiwan Institute of Technology,” was founded in 1974. It was the first higher education institution of its kind in Taiwan’s technical and vocational education system. In 1997, it became the “National Taiwan University of Science and Technology,” also known as “Taiwan Tech.” Taiwan Tech is now a top-notch international applied research university.
It has excellent multifaceted innovative expertise, technology integration, and comprehensive education. Taiwan Tech offers more than 270 kinds of scholarship and work study programs with a total value of more than NT$20 million (about US$ 0.62 million) each year. Taiwan Tech hosts the largest number of international/overseas students in Taiwan and has become a benchmark university and an “academic hall” in Science and Technology, the Humanities, Management and Creative Design in Taiwan.
No.43, Keelung Rd., Sec.4, Da'an Dist., Taipei 10607, Taiwan
A. Nationality. An individual of foreign nationality, who has never held nationality status from the Republic of China, R.O.C. (as defined in *Article 2 of Law of Nationality) and does not possess an overseas Chinese student status at the time of their application. *Article 2 of the law of Nationality A person shall have the nationality of the Republic of China under any of the conditions provided by the following subparagraphs:
1. His/Her father or mother was a national of the Republic of China when he/she was born.
2. He/She was born after the death of his/her father or mother, and his/her father or mother was a national of the Republic of China at the time of death.
3. He/She was born in the territory of the Republic of China, and his/her parents can't be ascertained or both were stateless persons.
4. He/She has undergone the nationalization process.
1. To transact the assessment and recognition of foreign academic credentials, applicant’s graduation institution shall meet the following requirements: recognition for academic credentials of foreign institutions of higher education listed in the MOE reference list (http://www.fsedu.moe.gov.tw/), or the school is recognized by the competent educational authority or by a relevant accreditation agency in the home country. If you hold a degree from Mainland China, please make sure that the university is on the list from Ministry of Education in Taiwan.
2. Master’s program: applicants with a bachelor’s degree; Ph. D. program: applicants with a master’s degree.
3. The enrollment period of one’s previous degree should meet the following requirement: at least 32 months of enrollment prior to conferral of a bachelor’s degree, at least 8 months of enrollment prior to conferral of a master’s degree.
1. Photo: A close-up color shot of the head and shoulders (no hats) within the last 6 months, which will be used to make student ID card if the applicant gets admitted
2. Passport: If the applicant does not have the passport yet, please upload any identification document in English so as to check the applicant's name.
3. Apply for Master/ Doctoral Degree:
3.1 Original diploma
● Applicants graduating in current semester may not have to upload the diploma. However, they shall upload the certificate of study (certificate of enrollment) of current semester in English.
● If the original diploma is neither in English nor in Chinese, an English translation certified by the university or by a notary public is needed together with the original.
● Please upload the official diploma in both the local language and English. Please merge the two versions as a file and upload it in the online system.
● Applicants holding a degree from mainland China are required to upload the certificate of degree conferral together with the diploma. 3.2. Original transcript of academic records in English
4. Apply for Bachelor Degree:
4.1 Original High School Diploma
● The High School Diploma should be written in English or Chinese, if the diploma is not written in English or Chinese, an English translation certified by the Taiwan overseas embassy office should also be submitted.
● Applicants graduating in current semester may not have to upload the diploma. However, they shall upload the certificate of study or enrollment for current semester in English, which issued by the current school. The official diploma or certificate of graduation must be submitted upon registration in September. Failure to do so will result in the cancellation of the admission offer.
4.2 Original High School Transcript in English : The High School Transcript should be written in English or Chinese, if the transcript is not written in English or Chinese, an English translation certified by the Taiwan overseas embassy office should also be submitted.
4.3. Recommendation Letters
● Recommendation letters should be written in Chinese or English by applicants’ professors or employers. Please log onto the online application system and fill in the recommenders’ information and email address. The system will send e-mails directly to recommenders. Applicants shall check whether or not their recommenders have completed the Reference Letters before the application deadline. Application is considered as incomplete if the recommender fails to reply by application deadline. Recommendation letters incompletion or late submission will be considered as application incompletion.
● Paper Recommendation Letters will NOT be accepted. Please follow the instruction from the application system to process the application.
● Applicants who apply for “International Advanced Technology program” require ONE recommendation letter only; other departments require TWO recommendation letters.
5. Other documents required by each department/graduate institute: Please refer to required documents for department/graduate institute.
6. Other documents
6.1. Language Proficiency Test Certificate Special Attention for Language Proficiency Test Certificate:
1. For English proficiency certificate: not required for the following applicants
● Applicants from English-speaking countries (Australia, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, United States of America...)
● Applicants whose previous degree is from English-speaking countries (Australia, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, United States of America...)(proof required)
2. For Chinese proficiency certificate: not required for the following applicants
● Applicants whose native language is Chinese (self statement needed)
● Applicants whose previous degree was taught in Chinese (proof required)
● Applicants whose previous degree was majoring in Chinese (proof required).
6.2 Other proof of nationality Where applicants fall under the MOE “International Students Undertaking Studies in Taiwan” regulation, specifically, Article 2, paragraph 2 or Article 3 (including 1. was or concurrently is a national of the ROC, concurrently holding a permanent residence status of Hong Kong or Macao, 3. was a former citizen of Mainland China), the following documents are required depending on their nationality status: 1. Proof of renunciation of ROC nationality 2. Certificate of Entry and Exit Dates issued by National Immigration Agency 3. Non-Household Registration Declaration 4. Other attesting documents
6.3 Taiwan Scholarship Award Certificate (if available) If applicant is Taiwan Scholarship Recipient, please submit photocopy of the Taiwan Scholarship award certificate. 6.4 ARC (if available) If applicant obtains the ARC, please submit photocopy of ARC.
|Intake||Application Deadlines||Course Begins||Announcement|
|Fall Semester||Feb 01 - Mar 30||September||22/05|
|Spring semester||Aug 30 - Oct 31||February||2020/12/09|
"1. Application Website: http://admissions.ntust.edu.tw/graduateapp/index/index/applyIntladmissionSn/13
2. Please take note of the following:
a. Please remember your application account. You will need it to change the application information, upload documents, check your application status and find out admission results.
b. Please apply online and fulfill requirements of the departmenty/Graduate Insititute you apply. Please strictly comply with the three steps below: submitting all the necessary documents(including submission of application), collecting recommendation letters (if required), and making application payment. Failure to do so may result in cancellation of your application. All losses thus incurred shall be borne by the applicant.
c. Recommedation Letters: Written in Chinese or English by applicants’ professors or employers. Please log in to the online application system and fill in the referees’ information and email address. The system will send email directly to them. Applicants shall check whether or not their referees have completed the Recommedation Letters before the deadline. Your application is not complete if your referees fail to reply by application deadline.
3. Application Fee
a. The regular fee is TWD 1,000 or USD 30 per department/graduate institute.
b. Other currencies are not accepted.
c. The payment account is exclusive for each applicant. Please do not pay with other people's payment accounts .
d. After the payment is completed, no refund will be given under any circumstances.
4. Payment method:
a. Online payment via credit cards
i. Payment can be made worldwide.
ii. Payment denominated in NTD; no processing fees.
iii. After online payment is completed, a confirmation will be shown immediately on the application website.
b. Domestic payment via bank transfer (Taiwan)
i. Payment is limited in Taiwan and can be made via ATM transfer, Web ATM, Online Bank or inter-bank funds transfer (CTBC Bank does not provide such service).
ii. Payment denominated in NTD. Additional processing fees will be charged. The amount of fees depends on the bank’s policy.
iii. A confirmation will be shown on the application website the day after the transaction is completed.
iv. If you pay via ATM transfer, check if the balance appears on the receipt. If not, it means the transfer is not successful.
v. If you pay via inter-bank transfer, please note that payment completed after 15:30 on the application due date will be counted as next-day transaction and thus will not be accepted. Therefore, if you pay on the due date, do not use this paying method.
c. Payment via international funds transfer
i. This option is for transferring funds from overseas.
ii. Payment denominated in USD; processing fees not included.
iii. Transfers should be made with the OUR instruction. The expense of all processing fees, including those charged by the remittance bank, the intermediary/corresponding bank and the beneficiary bank, should be paid by the applicant. iv. Due to the complexity of international funds transfer procedures, it may take several working days for the payment to be received by Taiwan Tech. Please pay the fee as soon as possible before deadline. "
Spring semester for Master and Doctoral only