National Taiwan University of Sport (NTUS) is a heritage-rich institution that dedicates to athletic excellence and sport industry. NTUS was established on June 12, 1961, as Taiwan Provincial Junior College of Physical Education. It was later re-named as National Taiwan Junior College of Physical Education in 1991, then National Taiwan College of Physical Education in 1996.
It obtained the university status in 2011 and established its current name. As of 2014, NTUS has approximately 3200 undergraduate and graduate students. NTUS is located in the downtown area in Taichung, near the famous Yizhong business and tourism district. NTUS is located in the most ideal area in Taiwan with easy accessibility and pleasant weather year-round.
Please make sure that you are eligible to apply as an international student and read the instructions carefully.
The prospective applicant could refer to the link below “MOE Regulations Regarding International Students Undertaking Studies in Taiwan”.
* Applications that do not meet any of the above-mentioned criteria will not be processed.
Documents required by all applicants
(1) Two copies of the enrollment application form.
(2) One copy of the applicant’s highest-level diploma and one copy of the academic transcript authenticated by R.O.C. Embassies and Missions Abroad. (Please attach its Chinese or English version). Note: Academic credentials from Hong Kong or Macao shall be handled in accordance with the provisions of the Regulations Governing the Examination and Recognition of Educational Qualifications from Hong Kong and Macao. Academic credentials from the Mainland Area shall be handled in accordance with the provisions of the Regulations Regarding the Assessment and Recognition of Academic Credentials from Mainland Area.
(3) One copy of the biographical page of passport or verification of nationality. (4) Certification of finances
(5) One copy of either the certificate of Chinese language proficiency (for applying for bachelor & master degree programs) or the proof of English proficiency (for doctoral program).
(6) One copy of a study plan
(7) Two letters of recommendation.
(8) Administration Fee：Bachelor’s and Master’s program: NT$1,500 per application; Doctoral program: NT$3,000 per application.
(10) Documents specified by the department/graduate institute. Note: Indonesian students applying for a bachelor's degree program (master’s and doctoral programs not included) must submit a certificate of language proficiency, as specified below (choose one): 1. TOCFL certificates with levels above A2 2. TOEFL scores: iBT values above 26 / ITP above 385 3. TOEIC values above 375 4. IELTS values above 3.0
|Intake||Application Deadlines||Course Begins||Announcement|
|Fall Semester||Feb 01 - Apr 30||September||Before June 5|
|Spring Semester||Jan 08 - Sep 30||February||Before mid December|
Send your documents to school at: Address:
Admission Division, National Taiwan University of Sport
No.16, Sec. 1, Shuang-Shih Rd., Taichung 40404 Taiwan, R.O.C.
Tel: +886-4-22213108 ext. 2150. 2151. 2152. 2153. 2138 Fax: +886-4-22250758
1. Bachelor’s and master's courses are mostly conducted in Chinese.
2. Doctoral courses are conducted in English.
3. All the submitted documents will not be returned, please kept additional backup copies for yourself.
4. International students who have been forced to drop out by any institution in Taiwan due to their behavior problems, failed academic performances or criminal records are not allowed to apply for admission. Should any of the above violation cases be verified, the applicant’s student status will be revoked immediately.
5. International students applying for schools in Taiwan shall be limited to one application only. Upon completion of the course of study, at a school in Taiwan, to which an international student has applied, the student’s application to another school’s academic level shall be handled in a manner identical to the application procedures for local students. For application of master’s program or higher levels of graduate studies, follow the application procedures of each individual school.
6. Admission shall be denied and/or the student shall be dismissed from National Taiwan University of Sport after admission if there are any violations of the general academic honor code and/or in the authenticity of the applicant’s documents. Those who have graduated shall have their diploma revoked.
7. Applicants, in accordance with the provisions of the Personal Data Protection Law, allow NTUS to hold and keep their personal information for the purpose of application evaluation and enrollment matter NTUS will have the obligation and responsibility to keep applicants’ personal informational for the use of enrollment related matter only. After submitting the application forms all applicants are considered granting the university the right to use their personal information for all enrollment related matter.
8. Applicants should provide accurate contact information on the application form. Applicants fail to respond to any notification any notification from NTUS before deadline will be regarded as giving up their rights.
9. For all other related information, please refer to the Ministry of Education’s “Regulations Regarding International Students Undertaking Studies in Taiwan”, and the regulation of National Taiwan University of Sport (NTUS), or other related guidelines.