Located along the southwest coast of Taiwan in Tainan City, Southern Taiwan University of Science and Technology (STUST) is a competitive international university dedicated to providing students a well-rounded education in both the humanities and technology. Founded in 1969, STUST has quickly moved from a junior college of technology to a full-fledged university with an emphasis on both teaching and research.
1.2. Achievements STUST has many outstanding achievements and is regarded as one of the best universities in Taiwan. Some of our remarkable accomplishments are highlighted below: 1. STUST’s College of Business has been accredited by AACSB in May 2017, the first private technological university to receive such an honor. And, ACCSB has been accredited in June, 2014.
2. Ranked 2nd in educational funding subsidized by Taiwan’s Ministry of Education (MOE) as Teaching and Learning Excellence for 2006-2016.
3. Awarded the second highest funding by MOE as Paradigm Technology University for 2011-2015.
4. Awarded NT$10 million for the “Future University” Project by the MOE, and the only private university of science and technology granted.
5. STUST Innovation Incubator Center received “University Incubator of the Year” by NBIA, USA in 2016, the first university incubator center to be granted with this honor.
6. Ranked #8 of Top 20 Universities of Outstanding Performance for 2015.
7. Rated by industries as the most favored graduates for 8 consecutive years among all private university of science and technology according to Taiwan’s well-known leading career magazine Cheers.
8. Both our Master’s Program and Doctoral Program in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering as well as Global MBA Program are taught in English, and have been highly recommended by the Ministry of Education.
9. STUST’s undergraduate programs in the College of Engineering are all IEET accredited, the Taiwanese counterpart of ABET, which is also a Provisional Signatory of the Washington Accord.
Features 1. Professionalism and Features STUST features such professional colleges as College of Engineering, Business, and Digital Design and Humanities for visual communication and multi-media development, interactive comics and animation creation, health care products, green-energy technology, micro/nano processing technology, and seamless human intelligence living technology.
2. Teaching Features STUST emphasizes industry and academia cooperation and a four-year real world curriculum. Teaching features include: curriculum planning meets the demand of future careers, R&D achievements integrated into teaching, inviting experts from industries to co-teach, students participating in industry-academia research projects, encouraging students to make the most of internship opportunities, pushing CIE (Creativity, Innovation and Entrepreneurship) teaching.
3. Industry-Academia Collaboration Industry-academia collaboration is one of the crucial indicators and distinctive features in technical and vocational education. By means of improving R&D quality and quantity, promoting patented products, inviting experts from industries to co-teach, and strengthening students’ practical ability in their specialized fields, STUST not only increases the quantity but also enhance the quality of our collaborations thus enabling our university to become a valuable partner for a variety of industries.
4. International Cooperation STUST has established formal academic relationships with 234 universities in 33 countries, including renowned universities in USA, Canada, UK, France, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Netherlands, Romania, Estonia, Spain, Croatia, Japan, Korea, China, Russia, Philippines, Indonesia, Thailand, and Vietnam. The four colleges at STUST collaborate to invite distinguished scholars from our partner universities to participate in our annual international conferences.
In addition, we regularly host scholars from abroad for academic lectures and classroom presentations on our campus. We eagerly recruit international students to study at STUST, and we provide them with Chinese lessons, scholarships and other comprehensive services. Currently, we have around 800 international students coming from 38 countries
An applicant shall follow the regulations of the Ministry of Education (MOE) Regulations Regarding International Students Undertaking Studies in Taiwan, please find the attachment A. Citizenship: An applicant shall have never held a Republic of China (ROC) passport, and does not possess overseas Chinese student status.
Note 1: An applicant of foreign nationality who, pursuant to the following requirements, has continuously resided overseas for no less than six years is also qualified to apply for admission under this regulation.
1. An applicant holding both foreign and ROC nationalities, but has never been registered as part of a household in Taiwan.
2. An applicant holding foreign nationality, and who once held ROC nationality, but has not been registered as part of a household in Taiwan for at least eight years, as determined by the Ministry of Interior.
3. If the preceding two clauses are relevant to an applicant, then that applicant must not have studied in Taiwan as an overseas Chinese student and have not been approved for student status by the University Entrance Committee for Overseas Chinese Students in the enrollment year.
Note 2: Students who have never had a household registration in Taiwan and are admitted to an educational institution in Taiwan in accordance with an education cooperation agreement are not subject to this regulation.
A. Application form should be completed online.
B. Copy of passport.
C. Photocopy of the highest degree and transcripts of all years (additional notarized copy of Chinese or English translation by Taiwan Overseas Missions is necessary if the original transcripts is in a language other than Chinese or English). According to degree levels, you shall provide the following documents:
1. Bachelor program: high school diploma and transcripts of every semester.
2. Master program: undergraduate diploma and transcripts of every semester.
3. Ph.D. Program: master’s diploma and transcripts of every semester.
4. Transfer Students: an original diploma and transcripts of every semester from the previous university.
Note 1: After you submit the diploma or transcript your highest degree or equivalent we may request you to re-submit the authenticated documents by 8 the Taiwan Embassy if STUST has doubts about the application document.
Note 2: When you apply, you can scan and upload the documents first. When you come to STUST for registration, you must submit the diploma and transcripts authenticated by a Taiwan Embassy or overseas mission. Proficiency of language certificates should be issued by the following institutes:
TOEFL test score provided by the ETS, IELTS test score by an official testing center, and TOCFL certificate issued by the Ministry of Education, Taiwan. If the documents submitted by the applicants are found to be forged, altered, faked, fraudulent or untrue, the accepted students who have not registered and enrolled will be disqualified, and those who have enrolled will be expelled from university and should bear legal responsibility.
Note 3: Language of Certificate:
+ Chinese-taught Degree Programs:
1. Test of Chinese as a Foreign Language (TOCFL), Level 2 or above
2. Chinese Proficiency Test (HSK), China, Level 4 or above
+ English-taught Degree Programs: English Proficiency test: TOEFL iBT test score 63 and above or IELTS 5.0. Ph.D. in Business and Management, College of Business (COB) requires higher scores: TOEFL iBT 80 or IELTS 6.0.
D. Study plan or statement of purpose in English or Chinese.
E. Two recommendation letters.
F. Resume (if applicants have work experience).
G. Other relevant certificates or awards.
H. Those who have foreign nationality at the time of application and who have or have had nationality of the Republic of China, must submit the relevant documents for continuous residence overseas. (At the time of application, the applicant must have been staying overseas for more than six years)
I. If you have foreign nationality at the time of application and you had citizenship of the Republic of China and have a registered residence in Taiwan, you must submit proof of the loss of the citizenship of the Republic of China for more than eight years with the confirmation certificate from the Ministry of the Interior.
J. Financial statement: authenticated by the embassy office or by a financial institution to provide sufficient funds to attend school. If the document is issued by Taiwanese institutions, it is exempt from authentication. Please check with the Taiwan Embassy in your country the minimum balance you should have in the bank.
K. Malaysian students who apply for bachelor programs should submit SPM or STPM or UEC transcripts.
L. A health certificate issued by a hospital within the last 3 months (including the test report of human immunodeficiency virus). Do this after you receive the Acceptance Letter from STUST. M. Application fees: free.
|Jan 15 - May 15
|Mid September 2021
|Jul 15 - Nov 30
|Mid February 2022
1. Please fill out the online application form at STUST Online Application and Status Inquiry System: https://webap.stust.edu.tw/intstudweb/Login.aspx
2. To complete the online procedure, please upload all the required documents to the Online Application System by the deadline.
A. Prospective graduates do not need to hand in their diploma during application. The original diploma and transcript of every semester must be submitted at the time of registration or the admissions offer will be revoked.
B. Applicant has never applied as an Overseas Chinese student in Taiwan.
C. International students applying for schools in Taiwan shall be limited to one application only. Upon the completion of the course of study, at a school in Taiwan, to which an international student has applied, the student's admission to another school’s academic level shall be handled in a manner identical to the admission procedures for local students. An exception is that an application for a master’s degree or higher levels of graduate studies can be processed under the procedures of each individual school.
D. In accordance with MOE regulations, international students who have been forced to drop out of any institution in Taiwan due to behavior problems, failed academic performances and criminal records are not allowed to apply for admission. Should any of the above violation cases be verified, the applicant’s student status will be revoked immediately.
E. International students who have household registration, naturalization or restoration to Taiwan nationality during their period of study will lose their international student status and accept the discontinuation of study by the University.
F. According to the regulations issued by Taiwan MOE, applicants should present STUST with a valid Medical and Accident insurance for 6 months starting from the date of entry to Taiwan; otherwise, students have to join Cathay Life short-term insurance.
G. International students who are eligible to study at STUST can apply for Scholarship, please tick off the selection from the online application. After reviewing the application, the Admission Committee will grant the following types of scholarships to qualified student.
H. The contact information of applicants should be accurate. Applicants unable to reply before the deadline will be regarded as giving up their rights and obligations.
I. Submitted documents will not be returned to the applicants. Please make copies for your own reference.
J. In accordance with the provisions of the Personal Data Protection Law, STUST is allowed to hold and keep personal information for the usage of applications and enrollment at STUST. STUST will have the obligation and responsibility to keep applicants’ personal informational for the use of enrollment procedures ONLY.