Established in 1964, Tainan University of Technology has been shining conspicuously in Southern Taiwan for more than forty years. It was a women’s school aiming at the cultivation of traditional Chinese morality, the upgrade of the quality of women’s education and the promotion of women’s employment skills. Going through the change of the names Private Tainan Junior College of Home Economics (1965) and Tainan Woman’s College of Arts & Technology (1997), Tainan University of Technology (2006) has transformed into a phoenix flapping wings toward a new beginning with excellent tradition and grand advance to a visionary future.
From August 2008, we are starting to recruit both male and female students. Regarding “cultural creativity” as the core value, we devote ourselves to educate talents with the ability of “applicable practicing” and “humanistic technology” that conforms to the needs of the society and the industries. To fulfill this goal, we are positioned and advancing to a technology university of “cultural and creative teachings.”
Please make sure that you are eligible to apply as an international student and read the instructions carefully.
The prospective applicant could refer to the link below “MOE Regulations Regarding International Students Undertaking Studies in Taiwan”.
* Applications that do not meet any of the above-mentioned criteria will not be processed.
1. Application Checklist
2. Application Form for International Student Admission
3. Admission Application Affidavit
4. The highest-level diploma and transcript issued by an overseas academic institution. These documents must be authenticated by a ROC embassy, consulate, representative office, the agency authorized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (hereafter referred to as “Taiwan’s overseas representative office”), or verified by an institute established or appointed by, or through a private agency commissioned by, the Executive Yuan (a copy of the translation in Chinese or English is necessary if the original diploma is in language other than Chinese or English).
If the verification process is not completed before the application deadline, a signed Affidavit (of Admissions Documents to be Verified) (See Appendix 3) must be submitted with the application. At the time of registration, students must provide the original academic degree and transcript verified by a Taiwan overseas representative office, or verified by an institute established or appointed by, or through a private agency commissioned by, the Executive Yuan. If all the required documents cannot be submitted on time, the admissions offer will be revoked.
Students who apply with SMK/SMJK or (Chinese) Independent High School’s transcript required to submit SPM (Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia/Malaysian Certificate of Education/Malaysian Certificate of Educaiton)/ STPM (Malaysian Higher School Certificate), or UEC (Unified Examination certificate) which must be authenticated by a ROC embassy, consulate, representative office, the agency authorized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (hereafter referred to as “Taiwan’s overseas representative office”), or verified by an institute established or appointed by, or through a private agency commissioned by, the Executive Yuan (a copy of the translation in Chinese or English is necessary if the original diploma is in language other than Chinese or English).
※Applicants with the bachelor’s degree or above obtaining from the schools in Mainland China which are specifically recognized by MOE are also required to submit the certificate of degree conferral.
※Current graduates are required to submit an official certificate of expected graduation (English or Chinese) issued by the school in lieu of the diploma at the time of application. Note: Admitted applicants can enroll only after they have submitted the photocopies of their diploma, certificate of degree conferral (applicable to the applicants with the bachelor’s degree or above obtaining from the schools in Mainland China which are specifically recognized by MOE) as well as transcripts and other relevant academic certificates which are all verified by the related offices according to the following regulations.
a. The students whose degrees are conferred by the foreign schools (excluding the schools in Hong Kong, Macau, and Mainland China) shall follow the “Regulations Regarding the Assessment and Recognition of Foreign Academic Credentials for Institutions of Higher Education”.
b. The students whose degrees are conferred by the prescribed schools in Hong Kong or Macau shall follow the“Academic Credential Verification and Accreditation Methods adopted in Hong Kong and Macao”for the requirement of relevant academic certificates.
c. The students whose degrees are conferred by the schools in Mainland China which are specifically recognized by MOE shall follow the “The Regulations Governing the Accreditation of Schools in Mainland China” for the requirement of relevant academic certificates.
5. Copy of passport or other equivalent verification nationality
6. Financial Statement (within 3 month period)
7. Study Plan (in Chinese or English)
8. Affidavit for Foreign Applicant to Study in Taiwan as Foreign Student
9. Letters of recommendation (if any)
※ If additional materials are required by specific departments, the applicant shall be notified as needed.
|Intake||Application Deadlines||Course Begins||Announcement|
|Fall Semester||Oct 15 - Jun 30||September|
To apply, please send all application forms and supporting documents by registered mail to:
Division of Academic Admission Tainan University of Technology
No.529, Zhongzheng. Rd., Yongkang District, Tainan City 71002, Taiwan (R.O.C.)
TEL: +886-6-2532106, ext. 397. 398
1. The Chinese proficiency is required in all reading, writing, listening, and speaking.
2. Applicants may apply for a maximum of three degree programs only (filled in the order of choice) and shall abide by all the application requirements as specified. 3. In accordance with the Ministry of Education regulations, students who had been dismissed from a university or college in the R.O.C. are not eligible to apply. Applicants who violate this regulation will have their admissions revoked.
4. Admission shall be denied after admission and / or the student shall be dismissed from TUTech without any academic certificate if there are any qualification violations or fakes, counterfeits, feints or impostures of the documents submitted are found. Those who have graduated shall have their diploma revoked.
5.The diploma submitted for review shall be authenticated in accordance with the rules promulgated by the R.O.C. Ministry of Education, except for diplomas issued by overseas Taiwanese schools or overseas Chinese schools.
6. During the pursuit of degree, while a student is testified as a HIV-positive, by law, the university shall notify the Ministry of Foreign Affair or the Ministry of the Interior to revoke or annul his / her visas or permits of stay or residence, and order him / her to be deported.
7. Students must purchase health insurance, advised by TUTech, in Taiwan.
8. According to the regulation, students must have health certificate (form B) when registered which is done by the valid clinic(s). With regards to the most current information pertaining to the Centers for Disease Control, R.O.C., applicants are advised to check the website of CDC, R.O.C. listed below from time to time for the latest updates information.
9. Foreign students will be withdrawn from TUTech if their identities of foreign students have been lapsed by establishing household registrations, moving-in registrations, naturalizing or regaining R.O.C citizenships.