Yuanpei University of Medical Technology (YUMT) was the first higher education institution in Taiwan to specialise in the fìeld of medical technology and is currently one of the leading universities in healthcare education. YUMT prepares students with best practice knowledge and hands-on practice and provides internship or practicum opportunities in industry or in medical institutions around the globe.
Based on survey results, Yuanpei is taking the lead in fìelds of life sciences, bio-resources and healthcare professional training. Yuanpei’s strategic alliance with industries and enterprises is superior to it’s peers. The university fosters the research and development of new commercial products, connects substantially to industry, and provides employment opportunities for students as well as professional development opportunities to its staff.
YUMT has transformed from just being an educational institution to an active creator of new knowledge and techniques. We engage in the regional and global development of the pan-healthcare industry. Our vision and ambition is to be internationally recognized as a university of excellence and innovation.
Please make sure that you are eligible to apply as an international student and read the instructions carefully.
The prospective applicant could refer to the link below “MOE Regulations Regarding International Students Undertaking Studies in Taiwan”.
* Applications that do not meet any of the above-mentioned criteria will not be processed.
1. Application form (with a 2-inch photograph attached, the photograph should be taken in the past 6 months).
2. Official photocopy of the diploma / issued certificate and official transcripts of all years; or Chinese translation of the diploma and transcripts of all years. The photocopy must be authenticated by an overseas agency of the Republic of China (Taiwan). Applicants’ academic certifications can be sealed and mailed directly to Yuanpei University of Medical Technology by their previous school.
(I) Academic credentials from Mainland China: The Regulations Governing the Accreditation of Schools in Mainland China shall apply.
(II) Academic credentials from Hong Kong or Macao: Academic Credential Verification and Accreditation Methods adopted in Hong Kong and Macao shall apply.
(III) Academic credentials from other areas:
(1.) Academic credentials earned at overseas Taiwan schools or Taiwan schools in Mainland China shall be regarded as the same as those at domestic schools with equivalent levels. (2.) Academic credentials referred to the preceding 2 items shall be subject to the Regulations Regarding the Assessment and Recognition of Foreign Academic Credentials for Institutions of Higher Education. However, academic credentials earned from institutes or branches established in Mainland China by foreign schools shall require public notarization in Mainland China and be verified and examined by an institute established or appointed by, or through a private agency commissioned by the Executive Yuan.
3. Two Letters of Recommendation in sealed envelopes(only for Master’s degree applicants).
4. Study plan (Including study plan and future goals).
6. Financial statements showing sufficient funds to cover the applicant’s first year of study in Taiwan. The financial statement must be authenticated by an overseas mission of the Republic of China (Taiwan).
7. Application fee is NT$1,500 or US$50 and non-refundable. Applicants can do a money order or international wire. If the fee is paid by telex transfer, applicants need to submit a copy of the bank transfer receipt along with the application. The banking information is as follows:
(1) Name of the Bank:First Commercial Bank, Tung-Men Branch
(2) Bank Address:No. 216, Tung-Men Street, Hsinchu, Taiwan, R.O.C. 30041
(3) Account:Yuanpei University of Medical Technology
(4) Account number:302-10-028701
(5) SWIFT:FCBKTWTP Note: Application fee is non-refundable
8. A copy of the passport or other identification document for the verification of nationality.
9. Other materials if required by the department (graduate institute).
10. Health insurance fee.
|Intake||Application Deadlines||Course Begins||Announcement|
|Fall Semester||Jun 01 - Jul 10||September||Jul 27, 2021|
|Spring Semester||Oct 05 - Nov 13||February||Nov 30, 2020|
All required documents should be submitted by registered mail before the application deadline. Mail to:
Registration Division, Office of Academic Affairs Yuanpei University of Medical Technology
No. 306, Yuanpei Street, Hsinchu 30015, Taiwan, R.O.C.
*Mark “Application for International Students Admission” on the envelope.