On July 5,1989, Fortune Junior College of Industry was founded in Qishan Township, Kaohsiung County. It was then renamed as Fortune Junior College of Technology and Commerce in 1991. In 1995,the Extension Education Center was established in Kaohsiung City to promote the recurrent education and lifelong learning. Later in 1998,Daliao Campus was established in Daliao Township of Kaohsiung County. One year later, in 1999, Fortune Junior College of Technology and Commerce was upgraded as Fortune Institute of Technology (FIT).
In 2002, Daliao Second Campus was established in Daliao Township of Kaohsiung County, covering an area of about ten hectares. In order to show the determination to strengthen industry-university cooperation and the teaching philosophy of applying knowledge to practices, Daliao Second Campus was renamed Dafa Campus. Currently, FIT has four colleges, sixteen departments, and a graduate school.
1. International students may not be citizens of Taiwan, Republic of China. ※An international student is one who does not have legal status as an overseas Chinese, nor does he/she hold R.O.C. nationality (including dual citizenship), as regulated in Article 2 of Nationality Law. International students who have held R.O.C. citizenship in the past eight years are not eligible for application. ※As per Article 2 of Nationality Law, a person who meets one of the following requirements is deemed to be a national of the Republic of China: i. A person whose parent was, at the time of his (her) birth, a citizen of the Republic of China. ii. A person born after the death of his/her father who was, at the time of his death, a citizen of the Republic of China. iii. A person born in the territory of the Republic of China, and whose parents are both unknown or are stateless. iv. A naturalized person. The provisions specified in sub-paragraphs (i) and (ii) of the preceding paragraph shall apply to minor children on the date of the promulgation of the amendment of this law 2. Admissions to CMU undergraduate programs require a high school diploma acquired from a high school abroad, or a foreign or bilingual school in Taiwan. Admissions to Masters programs require a qualified bachelor’s degree. Those who apply under the provisions of equivalent qualification will have their applications processed according to the latest regulations of the MOE in effect. (Applicants who have graduated from a college or university recognized by the Ministry of Education Taiwan, Please refer to the website ,http://www.fsedu.moe.gov.tw/index.php) 3. Those who are studying in a special class for foreign students and plan to go to Taiwan to study Chinese for one year first need to have a certificate of ability in the Chinese Language Proficiency Test (TOCFL) level 1 (entry level) or above, or a certificate of study completion of the Chinese class 1 (entry level) of the Taiwan Education Center . Students need to receive 30 credits of Chinese education in our school in the first year after entry, and strengthen the guidance of foreign language courses for foreign students, so that students with Chinese language ability can study in the second year of the bachelor degree.
(1) Two copies of the admission application forms: Applicants should fill in the form item by item in Chinese, sign it personally, and attach (paste) a current photo. (Attachment 1)
(2) Application fee: US$15, Please attach a copy of the remittance receipt when paying through banks overseas.
(3) A photocopy of the highest degree’s official diploma(or equivalent documents) and an official transcript of academic records with official stamp/seal ( A notarized copy of the translation in English or Chinese is necessary if the diploma and / or official transcript of academic records is not in English or Chinese.) The photocopy of foreign diploma(or equivalent documents) as well as the official transcript of academic records must be verified by an embassy, consulate, representative office, or other institution (hereinafter referred to as the Taiwan Overseas Mission) authorized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Recent college/university graduates who have not yet received their official diploma when applying for admission must submit their diploma (along with a certified Chinese or English version if the original diploma is awarded in a language other than Chinese or English.) when they report to Tunghai University, otherwise; their admission will be canceled.
※Applicant who without authenticated diploma certificates(or equivalent documents) and/or authenticated official transcripts while he/she apply for admission, should submit the “Foreign Academic Certificate Declaration”.
Apart from the schools for overseas Taiwanese, and those for foreign residents, the schools in foreign countries referred to here should be regulated according to “The Regulations Regarding the Assessment and Recognition of Foreign Academic Credentials for Institutions of Higher Education.” This regulation does not apply to those international students who graduate from the school for foreign residents, or the bilingual classes in senior high schools in R.O.C.
(4) A health certificate obtained within the previous six months (including HIV report)
(5) A study plan - in Chinese or English.
(6) Official financial support statements verified by the R.O.C Overseas Missions to document the sponsor’s willingness to provide required funds
(7). Copies of certificates and awards: These can include such certificates and licences as TOEFL grades, Chinese or English language proficiency certificates, academic awards, contest prizes, research projects, achievement certificates, training certificates, or student club membership.
|Intake||Application Deadlines||Course Begins||Announcement|
|Fall Semester||May 13 - Jul 26||September|
The following documents should accompany all applications please forward completed applications to:
The Admissions Committee - Fortune Institute of Technology
Address: No.288,Zhixue Rd.,Daliao District, Kaohsiung City 83160, Taiwan (R.O.C.)
(1) All submitted documents should be complete. In cases where applications are not detailed enough, or are illegible or unreadable for any reason, these will not be accepted. Applicants cannot ask to supplement, recognize retroactively, or change the department applied for. Where applicants are admitted, all application documents will not be returned. Applicants should keep copies of all submitted documentation.
(2) As per Article 9 (Schools Act of FIT), recognized student status for freshmen or transferred student will be suspended following any ascertained case of: deception, cheating, counterfeiting, borrowing, and/or correcting of submitted documents. If such cases are discovered after graduation from FIT, all issued degrees will be annulled, and graduation qualifications aborted through public announcement.
(3) After completion of their studies, international students who apply for advanced study opportunities in R.O.C. will treated as are Taiwan citizens. Admissions to those who violate this regulation will be revoked. However, this regulation does not apply to those international students who graduate from schools for foreign residents, or from bilingual classes in R.O.C. senior high schools.